All visitors must have a passport, valid for six months after the date of return, and proof of a return ticket or onward travel. Canadian citizens do not have to present a passport, but must have proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate with a raised seal and photo ID.
Visitors from the following countries do not require a visa to visit the Cayman Islands: British, Commonwealth citizens (with the exception Bangladesh, Gambia, India, Jamaica, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Uganda), Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Belgium, Brazil, China (peoples republic) citizens holding Hong Kong (SAR China) passports only, Chile, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Irish Republic, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Panama, Peru, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United States of America and Venezuela.
Entry is granted for up to six months at the discretion of the immigration official.
Obtaining a visa
Visitors requiring a visa for entry into or transit through the Cayman Islands must apply to the nearest British Embassy or Consulate that has a visa section. Nationals of Cuba and Honduras must apply to the British Embassy in Havana and the Cayman Islands Visa Office in La Ceiba respectively. Jamaican nationals living in Jamaica are required to apply at the Cayman Islands Visa Office on Dominica Drive, New Kingston. For further details visit www.immigration.ky.
Visitors to Cayman who are over the age of 18 are permitted to bring up to 1litre of potable spirits or 4 litres of wine or 1 case (not exceeding 9 litres) of beer;
Also, up to:
- 200 cigarettes
- 100 cigarillos
- 25 cigars, or 250 grams tobacco
Visitors Prohibited and Restricted Goods
- Any controlled or illegal drugs or utensils is prohibited.
- Obscene publications and articles are prohibited.
- Any goods or items depicting or bearing any reference to ganja (marijuana) or the plant is prohibited.
- Counterfeit coins and notes.
- Instruments and appliances for gambling.
- Unless they are transit goods, the export of Lobster, Conch or conch meat in any form is prohibited.
- The import and export of Turtles, turtle meat and other turtle products are prohibited.
- Firearms, Ammunition, Bullet proof Vest and Gun powder are prohibited unless accompanied by an import permit and license signed by the Commissioner of Police.
- Bows, pellet guns, catapults or other manually operated weapons which are capable of projecting arrows or other missiles are prohibited unless accompanied by an import permit and license signed by the Commissioner of Police.
- Spear guns, Hawaiian slings and parts etc. is prohibited.
- Any other goods that are prohibited under any other law or that may be prescribed by the Governor in Cabinet from time to time.